FAQ short term rentals
1. Go to https://www.paristay.com/ , you see “Start here / select date”, enter the dates of your stay, the number of people staying, and click “search.”
You can sort the apartments by price, district, or number of bedrooms (click on “sort by”, and click on your choice). In this list of apartments, click on the name of the apartments you like to see, you can always check the total cost with the button "Simulate Price".
2. Click on “Add to my favorites” the apartment that you would like to reserve or the apartments that you like the most.
3. Click on “Send Request ” to fill your rental request.
4. Complete the form with the basic information we need to help us process your request. Send it by clicking on send request at the end of the form.
You will then receive a confirmation by e-mail with the details of your request.
5. If the apartment you have requested is available, we will then send you a lease agreement by e-mail for you to complete and return by fax within 24 hours.
If we are unable to rent the apartment or if you selected more than one on the request form, you will receive an e-mail with links to apartments that are available asking you to give us your first and second choice before sending you a lease agreement.
6. Please return us the signed french lease and a copy of your passport, and pay us the agency fees by credit card with Pay Pal within 24 hours (www.paypal.com).
7. Upon reception, the owner will sign and return the contract.
8. Please pay the rent DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER, usually by wire, (NOT TO PARISTAY).
9. When you arrive, the owner or his representative welcomes you at the apartment, you get the "Inventory-Etat des lieux", you get the keys, you give him the refundable security deposit in cash or travellers cheques and you get a receipt.
You are at home! Have a wonderful stay in Paris!!!
Come to our website www.Paristay.com .
1. You can see the place “Start here / select date” : Enter your arrival and departure dates.
Enter how many people you are. Click on “search”
2. Paristay.com proposes you a selection of high quality available Paris holiday rentals , located in the best central places in Paris.
You can choose to sort them out by price, district or number of bedrooms (click on”sort by” and click on you choice).
3. By clicking on its name, you can visit each apartment: You’ll find 20 to 30 photographs of the apartment, a localisation map, an access map, a full apartment description. You can check the total cost with the button "Simulate Price. Make your choice (you can choose several apartments) and add them to your favorites, by clicking on “add to my favorites”.
4. Click on “Send request” and fill the form, send it. That’s it!
A reservation agent will contact and help you to reserve an apartment.
You’ll receive the lease by email.
Guidelines for good neighborly conduct
Once you have signed the lease agreement, the contract is legal and binding, making the rent advance non-refundable.
However we always try our best to rent the Paris apartments as quick as possible to an other tenant in order to get you a refund from the owner.
Usually, electricity, gas, basic cable TV and internet, local telephone communication are included for vacation rentals (1 week to 3 weeks). International calls, TV on demand, and anything that is not part of the basic internet package is not included.
Usually, electricity is not included for short term rentals (3 weeks to 3 months), it’s charged according to consumption (about 50 to 100 Euros / month for a small studio and 2 persons, depending on how much you use electrical heating and hot water ). Basic television and local telephone communication are included for short term rentals. International calls, TV on demand, and anything that is not part of the basic internet package is not included.
2. If there are fixed cleaning fees:
The apartment is clean when you arrive.
The cleaning fees you pay at your arrival include a normal cleaning at your departure.
You have to keep and leave the apartment in a good condition.
You can leave the last sheets and the last day dishes without washing them.
The rent (to the owner).
The refundable security deposit (to the owner).
In certain cases, The check-out cleaning fees (to the owner or representative) , please check the commission rates page.
(+ fee for late/early, week-end/french holidays arrivals)
In the case of monthly rental < 3months, the electricity fees are not included in the rent. They have to be paid separately.
Upon your arrival, we check the electricity counter and once again at your departure. You are billed for the amont of kilowatts you used at an average rate of 0,15€ per kwh.
2. The rent will be paid to the apartment owner by bank transfer (the owner is an individual person who doesn’t have a credit card machine).
3. Unless otherwise stated, the refundable security deposit is paid in person upon arrival to the owner in cash (Euros) or travellers checks.
Paristay works in confidence with the owners. If there is no damage, no lost keys, the security deposit will be fully returned to you , as usual, without any problem.
We would advise you to be very very careful with the keys to the furnished vacation rentals Paris
- Loosing a keys set is always a problem because we don't know who will obtain them. For security reasons, the owner has to change the door lock and all of the keys, which is quite expensive. The cost will be deducted from the security deposit. CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IMMEDIATLY. Call the owner or his representative as soon as possible (always keep the number of your insurance policy ,the telephone number of your insurance company and the tel number of the owner or his representative in your pocket!). Don't call just any locksmith from the yellow pages, many of them charge too much and don't do a good job.
- You could also forget your keys inside the apartment: the door is simply closed but not locked.An honest locksmith can open it easily. But If you call any locksmith, if he is dishonest, he could break the lock voluntarily (even if it is not necessary) to sell you a new lock at a very high price!!! CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IMMEDIATLY. Call the owner or his representative as soon as possible.
- You could also break the key inside the lock: CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IMMEDIATLY
Call the owner or his representative as soon as possible
If you cannot reach your insurance company, the owner or his representative during the night, it may a better and less expensive option to stay in a hotel.
When you pay a service, always ask for an invoice or a receipt on an official document.
If you believe the locksmith was dishonest (he voluntarily broke or destroyed the lock), you can call the Répression des Fraudes Office (8 rue Froissart 75153 Paris Cedex 03) 01 42 71 09 14, they will investigate.
FAQ short term rentals Paristay
-A Travel Agency Licence Number from the Ministry of Tourism
-A Certification Sales Reference Number from the Prefecture de Police of Paris.
FAQ short term rentals fiscality with Paristay
You have to call immediatly your insurance and your owner and make a statement to the insurance.
Normally, your insurance will support damages (read your contract)
WARNING you have 2 days to register this statement. If you don't, you will have to pay all damages.
Arrival and Departure
However, many owners or representatives ask for 50€ supplement for saturday-sunday and french public holiday arrivals and departures. (You can check the total cost by clicking on "Simulate Price" button).
Very early departures (before 9 am) or late departures (after 6 pm) have to be approved in advance by the owner or representative and may incur an extra charge of 50€. Please ask us first!
Please inform us of your exact time of arrival/departure, in order to check the possibility in advance with the owner.
. The second option is to pre-schedule an airport pick-up via Internet. You can reserve directly on the website and it's easy with the luggage. Some of these services have an option that allows you to get an exclusive van so you don’t have to drive around Paris while they drop off other passengers. That way you can reliably make your apartment arrival time. They meet you upon arrival with a sign which has your name on it.
The usual taxi/van drive times from Charles De Gaulle Airport are about 1 hour depending upon traffic.
. The third choice is to take the RER Train and Metro but the Paris metro is not luggage friendly and especially so after a flight when you are already tired. Additionally you will often have to walk and carry your luggage for the last part to the short term apartments for rent in Paris
To make a telephone call from the airport you can buy a pre-paid phone card, “Carte Pre-payée”, at the airport at a “tabac” (where they sell cigarettes).
This phone card will also be useful for outgoing calls from anywhere the phone line is restricted.
It may be possible to pay from a phone booth using your credit card, please check with your credit card provider before leaving your country.
1. Most of the time, on arrival at the vacation apartment in Paris : When you are an hour away, we ask that you call the owner or representative so that he can be at the apartment to meet you and show you in. He will give you the keys in person and help you get settled in the apartment.
2. In our keys delivery box, located 16 rue Jean Jacques Rousseau Paris, with a secret code. (exceptionally, mostly in case of early, late and week-end arrivals and departures).
You check together room by room the condition and the contents of the apartment. If you find that the apartment is not clean, or if you notice that something is not in a good condition, you must indicate this on the Apartment condition - inventory document.
Then both of you sign this "Apartment condition - inventory agreement".
When you leave the apartment, after a verification this agreement is signed again by both of you.
FAQ short term rentals etat des appartements Paristay